Assistant Principal: Mr. Jonathan Kelly, email@example.com
Assistant Principal Blog
Address: 24 Providence Rd., Grafton, MA 01519.
Hours: 7:25 am - 1:55 pm
Early Release Dismissal: 10:20 am
For more information about Grafton High School, including the student handbook, school rubrics, and directions, click on the About GHS link on the left toolbar.
Check out our Official Facebook Page
- Academic Excellence
- When provided with a comprehensive, challenging and engaging curriculum, to meet all learning styles.
- In an environment that fosters high expectations for one’s own actions, motivation, and responsibility.
- When they are encouraged to think, work and communicate effectively.
- In a safe and accepting learning environment that fosters respect and tolerance.
- When health and wellness are promoted and encouraged.
- By working independently and collaboratively to accomplish goals.
- When given equal opportunity to succeed academically and develop socially.
- When the entire Grafton community supports their learning in all regards.
- Read, write, and speak effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge to complete tasks effectively
- Utilize critical thinking
- Enhance knowledge and skills with technology
- Exhibit behaviors that promote personal physical fitness and a healthy lifestyles
- Practice responsible and appropriate social behaviors
- Recognize and respect diversity
- Understand and demonstrate the duties and responsibilities that come with citizenship
The Grafton Lions Club Presents a public screening of
"Who Cares About Kelsey"
Date: April 29th
Location Grafton High School Auditorium
Free and open to the public | Open captioned
Screening will be followed by an open forum discussion with experts in the areas of adolescent mental health and special education.
This film depicts actual events and candid conversations that may not be suitable for children under 16.
Please RSVP to reserve your seats to firstname.lastname@example.org
Child care will be available free of charge.
All parents can login to Powerschool and update information including email addresses, phone numbers and emergency contact information.
Click here for information to create Parent Single Sign-on accounts, to setup PowerAnnouncement preferences, and to change demographic information.
Click here for additional information on PowerAnnouncement.
For PowerSchool Parent Single-Sign-On account directions, click here.
Community members who wish to receive the Superintendent's Newsletter emails, can sign up here.
2014 EVERYDAY HERO AWARDS
WHAT'S NEW AT GHS
RENT Congratulations to the cast and crew of Rent on a terrific performance last week! Thank you to the faculty and staff that attended the production of Rent. The talent of our students is second to none and your presence at these events is very much appreciated by the students. Thank you to Mr. Trombley and Mrs. Rossiter for their work with this musical.
ACTS OF KINDNESS WEEK This week Student Council is sponsoring Acts of Kindness Week. Students are encouraged to take part in the various activities that are taking place throughout the week. Thank you to Mrs. Lachapelle and Mrs. R. Bailey for their leadership in working with students to sponsor the special events during the week. The days are as follows:
- Motivational Monday
- Sweet Tweet Tuesday
- Share a Smile Wednesday
- “What's my name” Thursday
- Friendly Friday
- Also, there will be an Acts of Kindness tree up in the commons at the beginning of the week. Throughout the week, students can take a leaf and write an act of kindness on it and put it on the tree. The goal by the end of the week is to have a full tree of acts of kindness from the student body.
- In addition, each student has written a six-word memoir in which they described an aspect of themselves in six words. Some of them are extremely funny while others have a more serious demeanor. Each is unique to the individual who wrote it and reveals how we need to be more mindful of what we say and do because we don’t truly know everyone. The goal is for students to be more aware of the power of kindness in a school community. These have been hung throughout the commons for all to see and will remain there for the entirety of the week.
Help create a more positive atmosphere at school and participate in Acts of Kindness Week!
SCHOOL SURVEY All students will be asked to take a school survey during advisory on Tuesday. Students will not be allowed out of their second block class on Tuesday so they will have time to complete the survey. The survey will be emailed to them on Monday. We will announce this on Monday and we would appreciate your cooperation in keeping the students in class on Tuesday so they can complete this survey.
BEST BUDDIES PROM The third annual "Best Buddies Prom" was a great success. On Friday April 4, over thirty members of the Grafton HS Best Buddies attended a prom hosted by Oxford HS Best Buddies. This was a great event and a true example of kindness and friendship.
Lexie Dauphianis, Caitlyn O'Malley, Deb Picard, Shawn Sheehan, Kelsey Colorio, Melissa Funk, Austin Lewin, Nathaniel Lewin, Kristin Turgeon, Kyle Griffin, Brendan Griffin, Brian Forbes, Taylor Dee, Joe Mercurio, Jacqui Manning, Amber Perrault, Elizabeth Bartosiewicz, Yvonne Dietz, Katie Mason, Molly Dewar, Keegan Ohene, Matt Auger, Julia Noblett, Hazel Wood, Alana O'Neil, Gab Tucker, and Donovan Cargill
NHS Elections -2014-2015 School Year
The Executive Board for the 2014-2015 year is as follows,
President: Aoife Croucher
Co-Vice Presidents: Austin Bailey & Julia Bonner
Secretary: Jacqueline Vittum
Treasurer: Sydney Davis
Service Chairs: Mary Teresa Cuzzupe & Megan Treu
School Store Chairs: Meghann MacDonald & Taylor Theroux
STARS Chairs: Kaitlyn Chance & Hanna Weaver
Tutoring Chairs: Sean Cloran & Katherine Marlette
Fundraising Chair: Katherine Shannon
Induction Chair: Brian Brennan
Homecoming Chair: Abigail Sheridan
Charity Chair: Eric Webster
Congratulations to all of the students!